Let's break down the past 5 days shall we! (Then I'll get to why this is labeled "My pride and Joy?")
22nd – 12 hr day shift – wonderful!! Went out for a nice dinner to the new pub up here with George – that was an experience, but I'll definitely try it out again. I had a GREAT day shift – the girls were awesome to work with
23rd – Ouchies … I had my new teeth put in! Stupid dentists cost a small fortune!! It was nice though to have it all done with for the year! The evening was spent napping … then I woke up at like 12:30 and watched a VERY strange movie … called "Towel Head" – I was very confused why they choice that name – but I guess it wasn't the movies first name. Anyways – it's very disturbing …. VERY disturbing in a sick way. But, a good movie.
24th – I sort of got some sleep! Then it was onto some friend's house for dinner … that was great! I got to spend part of the evening with my favorite non-family girls! The cutest little ones! And they were dressed perfectly for Christmas (I will be asking their mom for a picture of them, since they were adorable! – MOM!! Pictures please – since I'm sure you'll read this at some point :P) Then it was onto work. It was a wonderful shift with my girls.
25th – I seriously thought at some point on Christmas Day to just lock myself away and sleep … I did try, but was interrupted by my mom and aunt, so I had to cave and go out and open "more" presents! (and I mean this was after opening a record number of "Santa" presents earlier in the afternoon). It was a LONG LONG day – I will never do that again while I'm trying to work a night shift. But, it was wonderful!!! I got spoiled … J
26th – Yesterday! This gets me onto why the post is called "My pride and Joy?" … I spent the morning sleeping, then the day shopping with George (Thanks Geo!!) … then dinner at my mother in laws … which meant dinner with my 10 year old niece Abby – who now has this web site in her favorites, and she can come and read it as she wants. She also mentioned pictures … and how she loves the ones of her! So, I thought I would add some of my favorites of her in this post … so when she reads it again, she can see them. (I'm the holder of most of her childhood pictures!!)
Anyways! That's my Christmas season … Apparently I'm working through it again next year … and I think regardless of what we're doing, I'll be taking the 2 wks off for it … I'll VERY carefully save the vacation days for it.
No comments :
Post a Comment