So in my scrapbooking world … we were discussing a phrase, a word, something to signify 2010 … something that would mean something to stick with for the year.
I've been listening to CMT's top Videos of all time … and "Peace, Love and Understanding" came to me after listening to some awesome songs. (needless the unbelievably moving videos to go with them).
There's a song called that apparently – that's probably why I know the saying – or grouping of words. But, they touch me for some reason. I think I can relate to them. After the past few months, those are words that I think will ring true in my life for 2010. (the song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdh7ERLb3E&feature=related)
Peace … naturally to find that in the house. To find that with my job, with my health. It's time to seek some inner peace …
Love … That's well ….. aahh! We know I have some mushy "love" ideas. I just need to remember that I'm loved throughout the year. And that I have LOTS of love to give!
Understanding … that word means so much to me these days.
un⋅der⋅stand⋅ing [uhn-der-stan-ding] –noun
- mental process of a person who comprehends; comprehension; personal interpretation: My understanding of the word does not agree with yours.
- intellectual faculties; intelligence; mind: a quick understanding.
- superior power of discernment; enlightened intelligence: With her keen understanding she should have become a leader.
- knowledge of or familiarity with a particular thing; skill in dealing with or handling something: an understanding of accounting practice.
- a state of cooperative or mutually tolerant relations between people: To him, understanding and goodwill were the supreme virtues.
- a mutual agreement, esp. of a private, unannounced, or tacit kind: They had an understanding about who would do the dishes.
- an agreement regulating joint activity or settling differences, often informal or preliminary in character: After hours of negotiation, no understanding on a new contract was reached.
Keeping that all in mind … It's a very powerful word … something that Peace and Love need to keep going.
Lets see if I can keep this up for the whole year.
Oh, the Top Video of all time … Oh I hate waiting! The number one …. Johny Cash … Hurt … How perfect to end that …
No comments :
Post a Comment