Tuesday, March 09, 2010

So today ... I'm enjoying a real nice day off. I was so outta it yesterday that I didn't get a chance to make a blog post ... I had full intentions too! But, I can at least post scrapbooking layouts from this computer - so it's worth it!

(BTW - I'm watching Julie and Julia ... Julia and Julie? I dunno!! I'm loving it!! I wish I had the nerve to take on Julia Childs' Cookbook!!! One day I'll do it -- I'd wanna randomly pick a number and cook what's on that page ... maybe that's an idea of something to do when I retire in like 40 years!!)

I have finished my first ever hand quilted blanket ... it's beautiful! I'm not posting pictures of it finished until the recipient receives it, I want part of it to be a big surprise! (But I will have pictures!!). I am going to be working on my next quilt shortly as well (yes, the pink one will be done!!). Then it's onto my blankies!!

Life is going rather well in my neck of the woods -- I an trying to take work on a day by day level, since it's been almost unbearable at times. I am lucky to have an amazing team to work with. I have learned many new coping skills over the past week -- the BEST one -- 7pm Drinks after day shift!!! (I have a feeling in the summer that will be turning into ---> Drinks on Danielle's Deck since I live so close!!!)

I'm in the midst of changing the spare rooms around. I will be having a sitting room / storage room now. And then a complete separate designated spare room. (With a real bed, dressed etc etc added to it! I'm so excited!!). I'll be putting that together on my next set of days off. If I get the ambition on Friday I'll do some cleaning then. But I can't wait!!! (Ok, so yes, partially because of a real spare room, but more excited about setting up my "sitting" room -- I'll have my quilting and knitting stored in there, and I could even go in there and knit sometimes. I'm all excited!!)

Onto scrapbooking since this is kinda a craft blog and all! I was challenged this month to make something with 14 gold pieces on it... So, here it is! I used everything but the eyelets from my February Lovebug Scrapbooking Kit -- Totally LOVE this kit! (The next 2 layouts are from it as well).

This is one of my favorite Layouts ever made -- something about having a decent picture of George playing, and then how the song is written on the side and the "black bird" ... I love it. As soon as I saw the bird, I had the song stuck in my head. I'm happy it worked out so well. The "paper" behind the picture is actually a Heidi Swapp large piece of chipboard that you ink and rub off so you can see the motive on the chipboard -- very fun to play with.

Again, I love how this turned out. The swirls, and how the smaller print is ontop of the larger version of it. Very cool looking. (I was using up some old pictures of a family vacation we took to Edmonton...this was ... 7 years ago? Or 6years ago.... awhile ago! It's nice to see the changes!!)

1 comment :

Sadie said...

Love the layouts! Awesome! You always inspire me.