Friday, December 23, 2011

11 MEN!!

Eleven Pipers Piping
The eleven Faithful Apostles: 1) Simon Peter, 2) Andrew, 3) James, 4) John, 5) Philip, 6) Bartholomew, 7) Matthew, 8) Thomas, 9) James bar Alphaeus, 10) Simon the Zealot, 11) Judas bar James.  (Luke 6:14-16).  The list does not include the twelfth disciple, Judas Iscariot who betrayed Jesus to the religious leaders and the Romans.
Interesting tid-bit at the end there.
This is about men – and I seldom write about the men in my life. But I think I might try and come up with 11 of them whom I look-up to, who might annoy me, who are part of my life and who I am today (in a friendly kind of way!)
  1. My Dad – Bobo! Of course he’s #1 in my list since without him, I wouldn’t be here right?! I have part of him in me – I have his gift of words – and diplomacy in crappy situations. He taught me how to speak up for people – but how to do it in an effective way that people stop and really listen. (I have my mom in me too – she is the passion part of me, the driving force behind WHY I speak up – but dad keeps me in line!!). I have his genes – his damn poker straight hair that drives me bonkers!!
  2. Hubs – I can’t really say enough about him. He’s been in my life for many many years. He continues to surprise me – each year. Like O-M-G surprise me! I’m a lucky lady to have him around. Spending my life with him will be an honor! He’s showed me true love, happiness and SMILES.  
  3. My Big Bro – I don’t see him that often. But, he’s a BIG part in me. He taught me about computers WAY back when …. How to put things together. How to shot a gun, chop down a tree and play war-games in the bush. He’s taught me extreme amounts of patience and acceptance in life – not sure he knows that fact, but he has. 
  4. My Uncle... my in town uncle. Christmas and weekends at their place growing up were amazing. We were taught responsibility (and consequences for our actions) in a positive loving environment. I learned a lot those days – and it was nice growing up with him in our life.
5.    & 6. – my 2 brother in laws – because without them, I would not have such lovely nieces in my life. Also, family holidays would be a lot more boring!!! 
7. The Guys” – the guys I made friends with one night. (I hate using names!!) But there was 3 of them … who came to rescue me one evening while I was home alone during the summer. We had SOOO much fun! Drinking coffee in the old Timmies …. Being teased because “you scowl too much” – My goddness I was teased A LOT for that back then. (I guess now too, but people just say I look mean and angry – btw – my “relaxed” face is rather scowlie I guess!!). My guys sure made a wonderful summer for me! I “grew” a lot thanks to them.  And thanks to them, I made more friends … People who I have in my life that will always be “family” no matter where we are all at in our lives – we are family.  (okay, so I can almost say, this is about 7 of them – which means I’m done writing right?!?!)
8.    Gully – my MALE dog!! I never taught we’d have a dog. I wasn’t too sure how that would go with Hubs’ allergies and all. Well, when the add came on the radio, and Hubs called me at home, saying go look at the wee dogs. So, I packed up the kid, and we went to see the dogs. They were in the “village” – in the back deck of a VERY shady house. We both fell madly in love with him. So, we bought our wee dog! My fluffy, energy filled, horny little dog!! Our lives have changed thanks to him. Since I have no babies, I have him! He makes me so very happy!!!
9.    My “boys” at work – There aren’t many men in my line of work. But I have to say, the ones that I do work with – make my day! They all bring a total strange outtake on the job. Their perspective on the challenges we face can be a breath of fresh air!
10.    Elton John – his music makes me smile. Laugh, giggle and cry! I am thankful that that man was able to create such amazing music! And that the world has accepted him!
11.    Tom Cruise, “Beef Cake” – all the eye candy out in that world! Ok, I can list one many many many many many more hot men to look at! But, I love watching movies – and love all the awesome male talent out there – the oooh ooohhh soooo good ones!
Alrighty, not really the best post, but 11 men in my life – to write about – is NOT that easy! I think I did everyone sufficient justice in my writing. But, I could write more – but this works… I think!
(I’m seriously not sure about the 12th day yet!! Going to do some serious reading for that one!)

No comments :