Monday, December 26, 2011

LAST DAY!!

Christmas 2011 comes to an end …

Some highlights of the past 4 days.

Friday, the 23rd

We spent the day cooking breaky for Hub’s work … about 40 or so people came through and ate with us. The menu was eggs benny (by George!!), bacon, fresh fruit, has browns, toast, crepes (by moi – fresh) and all the fixings. I LOVE starting the Christmas rush that way. LOVE IT! I can’t wait to do it again next year.
(The 2 days before that were spent with the Kid, doing Christmas shopping, having fresh crepes each morning and just being a general lovely goofs!!)
Friday Night – we celebrated Tip’s Eve with our Newfie friends! Such a fun time with food … lots of food and lots of laughs!

Saturday, the 24th
Kinda quiet – kinda not! We got my carpet shampooer working again – that was the BIG highlight of that day for me. I would have cried if it broke! (I had the top of the stairs left to be cleaned – the major thing you see when you walk in the home – so I was having a minor panic attack with people coming over and it being a mess!).

Our evening was spent with my family doing our BIG present exchange. My mom went a weeeeeeeeeee bit nuts this year. It was a mess of wrapping paper and LOTS of laughs!! Also, damn good food!! Dad made a couple new treats for us: Crab stuffed mushroom caps (YUM!! Without crème cheese, so even yummier for me) – and then deviled eggs (done with bits of prawns in the mix) – holy smokes we could have eaten tons of them! I think my brother and I found a new favorite. It was a wonderful evening!!

Sunday, the 25th

CHRISTMAS! Well! Let me tell you, our friends spoiled us this year. SPOILED! We both felt loved. Hubs SMILED! Lots!! He got some real neat presents! A signed picture of Starbuck!!! LOVED IT!! He’s rather Superman-ed out too! I got spoiled with Tinker Bell goodies – and all my other favorites – including “How to make an American Quilt” – I do not own it … I cannot wait to cuddle with a quilt and watch it…. SOoo spoiled!
(The day was spent at work – a rather trying BUSY as snot shift!!)
The evening was spent with Hub’s family …. Was a lovely turkey dinner!! LOVELY!! And a relaxing time – I was sound asleep by 6pm on the couch …

The LAST DAY!!! The 26th!
(Day at work, luckily a lot better than the day before)
Dinner here … for the whole family! Hubs, Hub’s mom, The Kid and her mom, my uncle & aunt, Bro and SIL and then my parents! A lovely mix!! I did the table up all pretty, and had the house all nice for the company. I was so pleased. This was our first family Christmas dinner – and hopefully it won’t be the last. It was wonderful…….. Hubs made an amazing dinner for us all. The clean-up was minimal … and perfect amount of left-overs. I shall be making home-made chicken stock tomorrow for soup! I can’t wait to try this out.

So now I sit … at almost 10PM – the latest I’ve stayed up for in days – I’m barely making sense I’m sure, and my eyes are having a hard time keeping open. My intentions for this post was to add some pictures to it – but that might take too much effort tonight. So, maybe this weekend I’ll take some time to do that.
Hope everyone else out there had a lovely Christmas time as we did. I feel truly loved today.

No comments :