Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012 - Goodbey 2011

2011 in review! Since, guess what, the world has NOT ended in 2012 – yet! There’s still many many more days for that to happen. But for today, the first day, I’m going to enjoy everything good (and maybe not so good) from 2011. It was a busy year!
(BTW – for many many years, on the 1st of the month, I would write someplace – normally a journal – of how each month went in my life. I did this for years and year. I have the books someplace in the house too. I always enjoyed trying to sum up my life – but this year, because of a lovely blog, it’s much easier!!)
January 2011:
“My last thought ... Go and be yourself ... try not to change who you are too much ... remember that everyone is at different stages of their health and fitness goals ... and maybe sometimes, people are just happy being who they are ... and if that means 50extra pounds, then love them for that. Don't try and change them, mould them, or shove your health beliefs down their throat!”
Interesting for me to rant about that in January considering I spent more of last year working on losing that extra 50lbs. I was very diligent on keeping on track with everything. Yes, I admit in the last few months that’s gone to the way side – but I know how easy it is to get back on track now.  I know the trick to losing those lbs this year – work at it! Do what works, and do it happily, and it works! So, that’s my focus for some of this year. Understanding what it takes to make changes, and continue to do them. I might not be in the same job as I was, but I need to find what works with this one allowing me to continue my journey. 
January brought me a new job last year – a good lovely Monday – Friday job that I loved. I look back on that and am so thankful that I had the chance to do something else with my life. To use my brain power … to love it! It changed my life – it gave me the chance to see what a “normal” life could be like, and how well my body loves that routine.

February 2011: Sounds like a cold month! And I don’t normally crank about the weather! Hahaha! Funny! Also, the pink-baby died … but thankfully, she came back to me … fixed. And thankfully, we have other laptops/computers in the house to use!
(Annoyed, that 2 months into the year, there are no scrapbooking/craft projects to report – that WILL change this year! The first thing to change actually. I want to post something craft like EACH month – even if it’s an update on an ongoing project, but it has to be craft related. I have a “store” in my basement that I can dip into, so this year, it’s time to do that!!)

March 2011: Ok, maybe I’ll retract what I’ve written up there. Apparently I did crafts! LOL!
I purchased some fabric .... from the Scarborough Line from MODA - and it's to make a certain beautiful cottage like pattern. I can't wait to try it out. It'll be queen size and for our bed. So all in all, I'll be busy with quilting this year once I get started. I have 3 queen size quilts to be made, 2 baby quilts and some more aprons for Christmas. I love it!! I can't wait to get started on some of these big projects.
Well! Here’s an update on that comment from last year! I have the wonderful fabric, pattern and everything ready to go, but I’m too chicken shit to actually CUT the fabric. So, there it sits!! I’ll get motivated one day to actually “do” it. But, in that time, I did make 30 or so aprons! (sold a bunch of them for a fundraiser and gave a bunch away at Christmas last year). The 3 “other” quilts sit to be made – I think I started on my dad’s quilt though – so that’s a good thing.
The other wonderful part of that post – pictures of the day I spent with my nieces. I would love to do that all over again! Seeing the 2 of them in the same house melts my heart. Maybe one day that’ll happen again. Both are so different – and different ages – so I’m not sure if it’ll be the same, but I miss that. I miss being the “aunty” at times.

April 2011: The EYE! The wonderful trip to Vancouver with George to get my eye “fixed” – well, the trip was great and well needed for us. LOVED it!! Loved the time away together. And he made a wonderful nurse to me when I needed it. What I didn’t love – coming home doing well – then getting infected! Yeah, that sucked! But, the time away with Geo was worth it!!

May 2011:
Nothing much happening ICK!

June 2011: The Valdez trip!! Fishing!! Wonderful thing to look back on. Something I will do again this year for sure! I think it’ll be the new yearly trip for us. (This year, I want to bring my mom and Gully though – I think she’d love love love the drive there, and then being able to spend the day wondering the town and that would be great!! Also, bribing her with a quick trip to Anchorage for the day)
Oh my, I had forgotten about those beautiful appliques that I bought to make. I think one was completed and looks amazing. Time to get the other 2 completed so I can make a wall hanging. Maybe that’s something I can bring to work and do on my breaks. (We shall see!!)

July 2011: Nothing to report – much have been a crazy month if I didn’t get a chance to blog. Oppss!

August 2011: The trip to Haines with the kid – FUN TIME!! We took a little side trip to Juneau – which was a blast. I’d love to do that more time too. But I wrote something pretty interesting on there:
  •  Someone who actually stays in connect with me - on AND off of Facebook / Twitter.
  •  A person who I haven't seen in years, and we can sit and visit like we've never been apart
  •  Someone who I don't judge - and they don't judge me back
  • Being accepted for all my good, and even more importantly, for all my bad
  • Who's there for me - just as an ear to vent to, someone to email when I need it (and who emails me BACK)
  • Honestly - we don't hold back when we know we shouldn't - it's a given that if something "not right" that comes out a mouth - that's OK :)
Reading back on that … well, someone must have annoyed the crap out of me. Guessing the same applies now. And even more so now. I took the high-road on this situation. And am still taking it. I am NOT going to get sucked back into messed-up friends. My life does not need “messed-up” right now.
(And, over the past year, the friends I do have – have been nothing but supportive and wonderful. I would NEVER have achieved all that I have without their support in my life. Hubs and the girls have been amazing to have. Yes, Hubs goes into this category too – because he is a friend – the best friend a wife can have. And, often times, does not get that credit. He is a big part of who I am today. They ALL are)

September 2011: A summary of all that I did in August/Sep that year. Lovely pictures to be found there. Again, going back to having the best friends in my life. Spending time down south making new ones, reconnecting with old ones was the BEST last year. I will never forgot all that I was able to get done last summer. All the visiting I was able to do. All the learning about work, about people about me. A GREAT few months! (And a great couple posts to go back and look at when I need a smile or two!!)

October & November 2011: Crazy month!! Crazy family dinners … crazy work!! My life was solved one day – then taking away from me the next. Was a MESS of a couple months in my life. I’m still feeling the effects of all that mess. I’m trying to get over the bitterness and angry that it created in me. It’ll get better. It’s getting better. 2012 will NOT be allowed to do that to me.

December 201:  My 12 days of Christmas tribute posts! LOVE looking back on that. I love the time I spent in doing the posts. The time I spent reconnecting with faith during that time. After the past 2 months in my life, those 12 days were very much needed in my life. I’m happy that I ended my year with a smile on my face.

So, there. As 2011 comes to an end, 2012 is here. We made it through another interesting year. I have had much much worse years. And, much better years (but not by much btw – I love last year btw!!).  I have some minor goals though! I’m going to give them to myself.
  • Post something crafty related each month – an update on a project, something new, but something each month!!
  • No buying craft supplies – other than adhesives – this year. Last year was pretty darn good. This year, I have to be just as good.
  • No more shoes, bras, undies, clothing unless I’m whiling to purge and get rid of the other crap. Everything new in the house will need to come at the cost of something old leaving the house
  •  As crappy as some things might get (especially near the beginning of this year) – no giving up on any situations.  Remember that hard work WILL PAY OFF one day – and that “tomorrow” might be that day. I’m challenging myself to see the good in everything – I do that a lot –but I’m going to need that mentally in the coming weeks
  •  Enjoy life more – the little things count. Try not to stress over the things that “you cannot change” – realize that sometimes, it’s not worth it.
  • Smile, laugh, giggle, have FUN more each month. Do something totally FUN each month!
I could go on and on. But, I think if I follow how “well” I did last year, and keep that mentally going this year, It’ll be a good year again.
So, Happy New Year to all my friends and family out there!