Friday, April 20, 2012

"Eyes....'

"Eyes" is for ... Ice CREAM!! :)
"Eyes" is for I IS relieved .... loved, and content!
"Eyes" ....... Is for IT ....

Our trip is over with - and I'm happily 1/2 asleep at home.

The flight down was horrible ... that's all I can pretty much describe that ... UGH!

Our hotel - cheap!! - was great! Good location - we were *really* close to Timmie's :) So that helped with feeling better after landing. Had a nice little restaurant in it - so that made having breaky really easy!

The doctor's apt .... was long............ really long ..... But, kinda OK ... depending how you look at it.
  • Rather bad inflammation of the lining of the eye - because the eye is so thin - I'm more pron to "anything" getting in the eye.
  • That means being VERY careful with the eye - more so than I have been for the past 20 years! Not sure what I can do differently, but I'll have to figure that out
  • I'm on 3 eye drops - 2 to keep the pressure from going higher - 1 to help keep it from swelling 
  • I'm on Toradol for a bit - but really, should only be on that for 5 days - so not sure what's gonna happen with that. 
  • And .... the icing on the cake .... This is life ... this is on-going .... This will happen again ... or not really go away ... 
So, not quite what I *want* to happen - but I'll talk to another doctor about this in 2mths or so. I'll be follow-up'ed on regular between reg. Eye doctor, family doctor and Specialist. Yeahoo!


The trip was wonderful though - really what I needed in the long run. I shopped ... I got to browser ... walk around ... enjoy some wonderful time with friends - and get to see their little man (Imp - oohh how I love that) -- who isn't so little anymore. I had the BEST sushi - at MIKO's - saw some awesome signatures *all over* their restaurant - it's where the Hockey Players go to eat apparently!!! While there - I had a running commentary on the Pitsburgh Penguins game!!! (I also bought a wonderful baggy comfy Pens' shirt - So it was fate!!) LOVELY way to spend my day!

Then! The day gets better!!! So, not only do I get to hold the hand of an adorable little man, we went to have Gelato with this adorable little man! And, he spoon fed me Chocolate Gelato! My heart instantly melted ... Not sure I can describe that moment. (No one was watching - they were all waiting at the counter). Anyways! My ice cream ... was Earl Grey and Baylie's ... I cannot express my sheer LOVE for this place.... Bella Gelateria ...  The plan is ... next month, return for ice cream ... AND!! Go for a walk accross the road with Gully ... :) With the little man too I hope! (I'll do a whole post about that day I'm sure of it!!)

That's my few days in Vancouver ... I'm happy to be home ... Happy to have my wee dog back! (As you can tell, he's very happy to have mom home - since mom bought him a bone! This picture is of my baby whining to go outside to hide the bone - rather adorable and cute!) We bought him a new collar, a new mat for his dog dish, and then new bowls - Too cute!!! :)

Anyways! I have unpacking to do ... organizing to do ... and general relaxing to do about the house.

:)