(So, I’ve gone back, and read the last post/first post for last year – and oh my goodness, I almost started out the same way! I love it!! My mind works great sometimes! Lets see how well I can do compaired to that post! And see if I’ve managed to get anything “Done” that I said I would! (That’ll be the last thing to write about!)
January – “Smile, laugh, giggle, have FUN more each month. Do something totally FUN each month!”
I chuckle as I read that over. Thinking back on all the months this year –not sure that’s going to apply. But we’ll see as I write this summary. January was a new thing for me – a Quilting Bee – a monthly one at that. I went into it thinking I was in over my head – thinking this was “not” for me – but Now, am joining hopefully 2 Bees cause I loved it so darn much! That was a very creative month! Can’t wait to see if I can fulfill that this time around! I was BUSY!
February - I went to Vegas?? Seriously people? I don’t remember it being only last year. Feels like a long time ago in my mind. That has to be the BEST trip for seeing things I love! Ahhh Elton John …. And a pretty pink dress! And, February was a big Rendezvous week for us as well – all dressed up and pretty! Love February!
March- The start of “IT” Being a royal pain in the ass … I see the picture of the eye and I’m shocked right now. I can’t believe what I went through with it. And there was a fairly simple fix that should have been done in March!! (I did post a wish list for quilts to make – and, I managed to make one quilt on that list … ONE! Soo soo sad! But looks like I made others that weren’t on that list – so maybe that equals out) – but all in all, sounds like March kinda sucked.
April – my introduction to Hexis – and my beautiful place mate – LOVE them … Makes me realize how I dropped the ball on them – and I should pick them back up for something to do during my lunch breaks – 20min of sewing rather than glaring at a computer screen – sounds like a plan?? I went o Vancouver that month – and now I read it over and I want to cry – I can’t believe how much pain I was in. WTF!
May – OMG! What a wonderful month for me! I got the new job … the best job!! I got some shopping in Victoria … with the niece!! AMAZING trip – and I really want to do that again. May was good … I was pleasantly distracted form the eye being such a pain in the ass.
June – a quiet month it seems – I was busy …. Looking after the new job … my mother in law … I was busy! Not a big fan of how the next few months went in my life. NOT ONE BIT!! Oh looksies – a new list of quilts I had to make – I managed to get most of them made too!! My dad’s quilt … ahh, wha ta joke! But I at least got it layered! LOL Poor quilt is still sitting here driving me bonkers!
July – A rather BLAH month – I’ wasn’t pleased at friggen all. “And, I sit here going, how much can I post on the internet - when does it become "too much information" -- And I shut up ... and bottle all those annoying, nasty, frustrating feelings away and try and think of something good to write about” – I guess in a way, that still applies each time I write a post … It’s so hard to not want to vent on a blog – and months later, for some reason, that’s all I feel like doing! Ggrrr But yeah – so July sucked the big one in more than one ways it seems. I sincerely hope not to repeat that.
August – MEGA busy for us – fishing, birthday parties – niece visit (1st time that year – and I thought the last time for that year!! But I was wrong! Yeahoo! – more to come on that later!) I love the pictures from August – cause I got everything in the pictures completed …. Amazing! And – VALDEZ!!! What a messed up trip – but really, I loved it! Looking forward to going there again … so much fun!
September – The time flies …. I was busy quilting … and just busy! Learning some graphic design skills again … And waiting …waiting for October to bet there …
October …. I can’t really say anything about that. The eye was removed – FINALLY! 20 yrs later it was REMOVED!! (And to think of it – it’s pretty close to 20yrs to the day – since it all started with my first surgeries 20 yrs before). The whole thing was horrible … and, you would think that after it’s all said and done (2 mths later) I would forget what I went through – nope! Not even close!!!
November – the EYE PARTEEEEEEEEEEE!!! At least something positive to say that was done throughout the mess – I have the most supportive friends in the world – I am very fortunate for them. And, the mad quilting started …. Ohhhh my did it ever start!!
December – Life’s looking up ladies!!! I got more quilting finished in the 25days before Christmas than I thought possible – I am still in awe that I did that. And they look amazing!! (see the previous post for a slide show of what I managed to get done). And ………… I got my new eye!! My precious!!!!
So, reading through the past year … It was filled with a lot of ups and downs … and what might seem like a whole lot of downs … It ended with more ups that I can count. It ended with me having the love and support from an amazing husband. Having my family be there for me … EVERY bit possible … I owe my mother the world for what she’s done for me this year. And my friends …….. the ones and afar that have made this year so creative and so much more enjoyable. They have tried (and MANY successes) in keeping me afloat … without these people in my life, I don’t think I would have made it through this year … and definitely not smiling like I am now.
Plans for this year?
- Continue to ENJOY quilting/sewing & Post my creations regularly
- Continue the spending freeze – I did GREAT this year compared to previous years!!
- Make presents – make gifts – make something for someone each month – share what I do
- Cards!!! One day a month devoted to make cards – see if I can get a nice stash by the end of the year – Christmas cards, Thank you cards, Birthday Cards – ANY type of cards!
- Cherish everything – everything small – everything large – Remember how “you” got to this point in your life – and cherish every step – ever minute of the journey
3 comments :
Well, congrats on making it through all those downs, Dee!
I don't bother with New Year's resolutions, so can't say anything about that.
I'm going to release my DEBUT ALBUM in March, so that's one big event I'm aiming for. Planning to be in the Frantic Follies again, and keep packing lunch for my First Grader every day. :) Other than that... who knows???
Happy New Year, Dee!
Well, I am participating in two bees with you, and am going to do a BOM again (did the 1/2 triangle square one in 2012). I am going to do heriloom hand quilting on a quilt for my sister (leaves & vines). And I'll be packing up my house getting ready to move at the end of the year!
I loved reading your review. It's always fun to go back through the previous year and see all that happened. I'm a big goal setter and resolution maker so I have a lot that I'm aiming for, but hoping most to simplify and do more stuff that makes me happy.
I love your positive attitude. You're awesome
Post a Comment