Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekend of sewing....

 My sewing weekend!!!

I took on making my Quilting Bee squares - the first 2 are done for my Wee Bee Canadian Group - they are 10' paper pieced ... My first time ever doing this ... and really using paper (I'm praying I did it right too!!) ... the first one took me 2 hours to make ... cause I was so scared I was messing it up!! I love how they turned out and  I'm really hoping she likes them!

My 2nd group - Wee Be Learning group - she wanted a 12.5' strip piecing - but this one done on fabric foundation - again - another first for me ... And, I used GLUE!!! GLUE!!! EEWWW I tell you  -- but, it worked great to hold the white piece. And, as it turned out - I LOVED LOVED LOVED making this block. So much so that I now have a little case full of odd strips to try this again.

Now to try and get these sent off ... I also started Hub's B-day present too - so I'll be sure to have that one finished and posted on Wednesday at some point. Fingers crossed that one goes well too - so far the most of it sewed up perfectly!! I am very pleased. 

(Ok, so I'm only partially annoyed with Flicker tonight and Blogger .... UGH! I miss the old days of hosting and uploading my own stuff to a web site - kidna easier to control!)

AND!! THANK YOU all so much for the amazing comments on my little pillow. Some of your comments truly made my day ... and were so touching! THANK YOU!!!

2 comments :

Mrs.Pickles said...

Great looking blocks!!! I am currently hunting for my muslin so I can start my block I saw it 5 years ago and now it is hiding..LOL

Katie said...

those are beautiful