Here's a little tib-bit about myself that I do not share very often. I *hate* garage sales ... I hate having one ... going to them ... having one even next door to my house - I hate them!! Yes, "hate" is a strong word, but it's so very much true for me and them!!
(I will not be going into details as to why .... it'll most likely offend some people and I just don't wanna go there)
BUT! I went to one yesterday - probably the first official one in YEARS!
And! Guess what I go! WAIT! Guess what Hubs bought for me ..... Fabric! 62 Fat Quarters in total! All in beautiful shape ... so nice that I was (am) regretting not getting the whole table worth. The people also had piles and piles of quilting books and magazines - I opt'ed out of those since I don't even use the ones I have now.Anyways! The bags said $15 a bag - Hubs - the wonderful - "Negotiated" and they ended up being 4 bags for $40 - I could NOT believe it!! I was slighty happy!
We'll drive by the house again today and see if they are still doing the sale and I'll peek if the fabric is still left. But wow!!! I'm totally pleased. I recognize a lot of the fabric from the quilt shop in town - so that means about $4.5 per pieces .....so that's over $200 worth! SCORE!!!
Now onto some sewing this weekend! I got my Bee blocks made!! I LOVE how they all look together - wasn't too too sure on the mountain blocks (the 1st set) - but all together they look great. I'm really really worried if my Bee-mate will like them though - her color choices were kinda up to us to go with whatever fabric matched .... Fingers crossed they work. I'll offer to make different ones if she doesn't like these though. My 2nd group of fabrics is a Bento Box - for a girl's room - I LOVE these!! Love the fabric so much that I'm sending my girl a couple fat quarters that match - and since she spoiled me last month a lovely card and mug-rug -- FYI - Shelly REALLY spoiled me!!
And lastly ........ My nails have been taken a regular beating with moving MIL's houses and cleaning .... I had to cut them all back down - nice and short . and thought, since they are so short now, I'm going to use the color gel that I have. AND! It worked ... great!!! I was shocked ... I was pretty much 90% sure I'd be soaking the nails off and having to redo them all. But nope .... darn near perfect!!(So, a little story with these - I had nails done last year - or the year before - in a salon - and loved them! Had them redone in another salon and hated them! I bought a kit online to do them myself at home - was like $100 for light kit, top and bottom and 3 colors - pretty damn good deal!! - anyways - didn't touch the kit for almost a year - then a few months ago bought the Sally Hanssen stuff at Shoppers - and did the clear stuff -- LOVED IT! So, I thought I'd try it all over again with the colors and that. I'm pleased as punch! I'll see how long the color lasts now)
So, if you hit the end of this post -- WOHOOOO for you!!! Since I'm babbling!!

2 comments :
I missed a garage sale with fabric?????? Geez I would have driven to town for that. Actually I was in town doing laundry yesterday (we're in the boonies on water delivery)...I should have bought the paper.
I too don't get to many garage sales...but heck, I would have been all over that!
Great haul you go.
What? What? What a score!
Post a Comment