Our vacation started with a lovely drive from Whitehorse to Tom, Alaska. For our lovely stay in my real "in house" bed and breakfast. We stayed in A Mooseberry Inn down Scooby lane!! It was wonderful. But even better was my desert!! Red velvet cake at Fast (FAT) Eddies!!! I Loooove that place. I had my token Hoodie!! Yummy.
Then it was off to Anchorage for the night. Staying in another wonderful hotel! this one had a beautiful large soaking tub that I want!! Like I want to figure out how to get t into my home!!! Abd! to top it off the hotel was next to the mall I shop at, So, We shall be back!!!Onto Seward...on Alaska's deadliest highway! It's fine if you don't drive like an idiot!! I love the drive. *I've even done it!!! Me driving! hahaha!
Anyways! We arrived at a beautiful 70's condo! Its really homey and perfect for me in he mornings. I get a lovely perch to park my ass and watch TV and have coffee while Hubs get some well desderved rest.
We went fishing yesterday on a charter (pictures tomorrow I hink ... if I can figure out getting them off the camera onto my tablet).
So, we have figured something out .... I do NOT ....and I mean NOT like boats!! I am happily bowing out of tomorrow's fishing. I can hardly walk on a boat. I'm betting it has something to do with my total lack o depth perception. Then....add in my motion issues .... not fun at friggen at all. NOPE!! BUT! I caught the first fish!! and the second! (Halibut!! so I showed them!! Then stopped - so meh!) But it was kinda fubn - for the last hour or 2 that I wasn't; cowering on a chair wanting to die!
SO welcome to my vacation!! We are off being tourist today. There's a beautiful marine rescue center that displays mammals and such that I want to check out. And of course a quilting and knotting shop in town. AND! I'm trying to convince Hubs that I *need* to go see a massive tunnel .it's only like 100 miles away! *hahahaha*
So stay tuned for another post with my fabric and knotting finds.
(Oh! and we are heading back to anchorage for shopping before we go - so more goodies to come!)
No comments :
Post a Comment