Monday, July 01, 2013

*YAWN*

I have ... exactly nothing to update .... WAIT!! I cut some more fabric for Hub's quilt - I have 2 blocks made - and then cut about 12 more last night - I'll be busy sewing at some point today me thinks!

I have one of my assignments for July .... I have to make 3 Rocky Mountain Puzzle pieces for one group .... Looks fairly straight forward! Luckily she went with NO paper piecing ... Not my idea of quilting to be host. The colors are to be a low profile white/print back ... and strange ass colors for the "solids" - Not 100% sure what I have downstairs for this ........ Fingers crossed I have something that works.

I'm still waiting for the other block to make. We'll be doing 3 blocks per group a month - and having December off. Which is prefect in my mine!! Ill end up with 2 quilt tops at the end. I'm going to be going for a string top - in greens - like I picked for MY block in June - I figured I can get enough from 2 groups to make a rather large quilt top - WOhoo!! For my 2nd one - I'm thinking of asking the Kid what she'd like .... if she'd like something :)

This week - we leave for Vancouver again ........ I'm having to think of all the packing today .... I have a couple loads of laundry to get done ... make sure the sheets are cleaned for my mom (the world's BEST house-sitter in the world!!) ...... and then vacuum ... ALOT! It's supposed to be REALLY hot there (just like it's been here) - so that helps with packing.

OOHH! Ladies, I have to share my new favorite types of tops.They are from Marks Work WearWorld (or whatever they have changed to!!) - they have a built in BRA!!! and it holds ME in!!! No problem!! So I bought 4 tops now ... 1 like the purple one but in a real nice green - and then the bottom one in pinks - then I have a real pretty cream undertone with flowers - and a beautiful blue print. PERFECT for the hot weather we've been having. Totally wished I bought some last summer now.

Gotta love my "useless" blog posts ..... Kinda nice I can do this every now and again!! Hopefully I get some more craft posts soon! I really want to try and get more sewing/crafting done! Promise!!! 

No comments :