Sunday, August 10, 2014

With a little help from my friends....

Today was productive!! From about 0900- about now! I've been busy quilting while Hubs works! :)

"With a Little Help From My Friends" - crazy quilt- rainbow style! So - the plan with this quilt was to be in a softer tones - so the oranges and yellows - well - that went out the window when I had to make a few more blocks than expected. The other plan with this quilt was to have it more yellows and oranges - I had 2 Quilting Bees working on this with me - and ended up about 8 blocks short! (Needless to say - #$!@#$ But that's ok - I'm kinda gotten over that one)

So - I changed my idea! I kept with the rainbow idea - but went with whatever fabrics I had in my stash that would allow for the top to be completed. The squares I received were anywhere form 10X10 to 12X12 - what an odd mix! The squares I made (the greens, blues and purples) were 12.5X12.5 - So - everything got made into that size. I added to the bee blocks. In a way - I kinda am OK with that - since with some of the extra from the girls - I was able to make the whole look match really well.

I'm in love with it! It's laying on a queen bed for a size idea. I'm onto making a border - My mom suggested doing a small black border - then a thin color then black ... so we'll see. I'm going to wait till my aunt gets home for her gu-ru advice.

And that's not all ladies!!! I finished all 23 of Hub's Superman squares - and CUT Them all - AND laid them all out on my wall!! It's HUGE!!!! I had to fold "up" the wall so I can get the bottom pieces laid out - was an interesting time!! Everything for labeled as well - 9X8 rows!

SO - if someone out there wants to make this pattern - I would seriously not make 23 squares - I think you can get away with like 18 - I have a fair bit left over. I know she says to use them for the backing - which I'll probably do - but still - work and fabric I could have avoided. I LOVE the look of it! I went a bit longer sewing so I could see the first 2 rows together. I'm even more in love with it. I showed Hubs it .... not sure about his reaction. Hoping when it's all together he'll like it.

Anyways!! SO - next weekend - if I'm in town - I'll be making my bee blocks - I don't have any nice navy to make the block this week - so a QUICK run into the fabric shop! QUICK!

(Oh! And I did more work on my granny squares!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of them!)




No comments :