Sunday, September 14, 2014

Running ...... :)


 Running Wild making table runners!

What does a person do when you have this:

1) Random "end" pieces of longer batting (and you don't want to try sewing a bunch together to make a larger piece)
2) Christmas presents to make
3) Fabric .... not really enough of one "theme" to make a full quilt - those little packs you buy cause in the store (or online) they are ADORABLE and "I just *have* to have it" ....
4) The desire to machine quilt - but not a whole quilt

You make amazing table runners! AND! With the wee little packs I bought - they worked perfectly for granny square blocks!

I've made 4 complete runners (one is hidden till the Halloween Blog hop!!!) ... 2 Christmas themed - and 1 lovely beige themed. They are all turning out better than the one before. I have 1 table topper waiting for sandwiching and quilting (I made a big granny square - looks amazing).


I plan to make at least another 4 of these with all the left overs I have. I'm really really happy!!

I am working on Hub's quilt - I have 3 rows left - and then I need to tackle the backing to it. I'm on a hunt for rainbow variegated fabric for the niece's quilt - everyone thinks doing a small black border - rainbow - then black again - but I'm *not* piecing together red - orange - yellow - green - blue - purple pieces ........ Just typing that makes me go mental!  ... Fingers crossed!

OH!!! I bought a new car!!!!!! A lovely wonderful 2014 Ford Escape!!! :) Isn't she amazing?

No comments :