Friday, November 13, 2015

Christmas prepping :)

Today’s quilting adventures have a bit of a story behind the quilts …
Downtown Abbey Quilt will be going to my lovely auntie … She’s the lady who taught me how to quilt …she taught me how to do origami …. She’s the 2nd mom for me. I get asked who’s your favorite aunt – and when I really think of it – she doesn’t really count because she’s sooooooo much more to me than an aunt. I’m such a lucky person to have her around.
Now saying all this – she’s also a perfectionist …. To the 100th degree. I’m beyond stressed out because she’s getting this quilt from me … it’ll be the first time I’ve made her something. And it’s all because she measures EVERYTHING – laser levels are even used to check. It’s kinda ridiculous. So I’m taking a huge leap of faith giving her this blankie.
The blankie will be paired with the TV series – a lovely mix box candie set … and other little treats for her from my mom and I. We are VERY excited to be gifting her this!!!
Quilt #2 … it’s been years in the making and collecting blocks. The quilt was intended for other reasons and uses …. A few of them. But this year – one of our dear friends is going on a 6mth leave to Iqualiuit …. We will be pairing this amazing blankie with PJs, some booze and comforts of home. I’m hoping this blankie can give him a touch of home while he’s away. I’m gonna miss him a lot!!!
My next quilt is going to be part of my Quilting Bee J The ladies will be making heart shapes, on a black/white background … then the border of the quilt will be black and white checks … I’m really excited. I figure I’ll be making that quilt come Christmas morning …. J

Onto Christmas present preparations …. I’m in the middle of making some lovely calendars for 2016 J Really hoping they turn out well this year. J I found a few aprons I’ll be gifting to some of the ladies at work …. And 2 table runners to give away as well. I’ll be doing homemade Christmas cards for as many people as I can this year too. I’m hoping it’ll be a much more mellow craft time for me J 

No comments :