Friday, August 26, 2016

Busy Wee Bee!!!

 Hello My happy bloggers out there!

I've been a bit MIA it seems - but it's for good (ish) reasons this time! And I've been super creative and productive - so all amazing reasons!

The 3 top photos are a dream of mine ... I've wanted to make a "French Rose" quilt from the day I saw the pattern - the rather challenging pattern to order and get delivered to the Yukon!

Also - a pattern that seems to have all the free tutorials so old the websites no longer work - you just get to see tons of pictures!

I didn't like that one bit! So I made my own!! I took my acetate dividers (from those ArtBin storage containers I love!!!) and manged to make one. I did a couple tries with paper first - seeing if I can modify the size ... but yeah! Nope! so 10X10 size as the max to work with ... and knowing I wanted some leaves in there. And this is what happened! MAGIC I tell you! MAGIC!! - And me - beyond friggen happy!

I carefully made the lines for the rows a little thicker - cutting out a slit that allowed for a pen to go through - and it worked! I mean seriously easy!!

32 Blocks later - I got them all traced out and cut into 2 sections on each larger rose - making about 4-5 large roses each in total. I had a total miss number of amounts of fabric for this - not 100% what I ordered was what was delivered - I think I ended up with like 3 yards extra .... pretty sure!! (yeahoo?)

This allowed me to also have enough left overs to make the little wee roses that will go in the middle of the block sashings - PRETTY!!! :)

So that's my dream project - coming to life!!

Let me introduce you to ... Josh, Cayden and Raya!!! My little hedgehog friends!!! I bought the pattern book to make ... The Fancy Forest quilt (http://ohfransson.bigcartel.com/product/fancy-forest-pdf-quilt-pattern ) - And posted that ... then my friend commented how she "I want the hedgehog" ... Well, this amazing friend went through a nasty time ... surgery and hospital during her Birthday ... i felt horrible ... so I made her these little guys - representing her husband and 2 kids! She LOVED it!!! I'm so happy I could make someone smile!! Specially when you can't be there as support in person.

So that's my creations! I've been busy making my We Bee Canadian blocks - and loving that!!!!! I'm hoping to make one Christmas present quilt this year -- I was going to make 3 ... but yeah! I think I've changed my mind. I'm enjoying the smaller projects and gifts instead :) (but you never know - I seem to be able to pull quilts outta my arse these days!!)